2009年5月7日木曜日

Robinson Crusoe

I UNDERTAKE A NEW VENTURE

-words-

undertake...~を始める、企てる  ☆An air crean-up campaigh was undertaken.

plantation...大農園  ☆a rubber plantation

tobacco...タバコ  ☆buy some pipe tobacco

sugar cane...サトウキビ  ☆I have sufficient money to buy sugar cane.

plows...すき  ☆pull the plow over a field

hoes...くわ  ☆I use the hoe for wheat.

sugar mill...mill(製造所、工場)  ☆a cotton mill

neither~nor...~も・・・ない  ☆I neither knew nor saw the boys.

planters...農園主  ☆He is planter in Brazil.

fit out...調達してやる  ☆fit the soldiers out with all needed supplies

aboard...乗船して  ☆All of us went aboard quickly.

as for...~について言えば  ☆As for John, he is always surrounded by friends.

penny...ペニー貨、小銭  ☆change a pound note into pennies

divide...分割する  ☆the river dividing the two countries

just...当然の  ☆the just title to the throne

though...けれども  ☆I went out yesterday though I still had a little fever.

figured...~だと思う  ☆They figured (that) it was the best plan.

plenty...たくさん  ☆plenty of books on the shelf

beads...ネックレス  ☆beads of diamond

hatchets...手おの  ☆They have hatchets for cutting down the tree.

besides...~のほかに  ☆Are you studying any foreign languages besides Japanese?

-summary-

He was difficult to continue his voyage and lost curiosity when he was in Brazil.
He started to make plantation for raise crops, anything.
The slaves said to him, "We help you, but instead of our hopes."
Their hope is...manager of the business, do the trading for them.
They said, "If you need black slaves for working, you have to pay the money. So we will divide them equally."
He thought this plan was so nice because he can get thirty or forty slaves.
This plan changed his mind that hate the his sail.
The ship was fitted out with many of goods for the trade.
He wanted to buy for them in many goods.
The ship carried fourteen men with the captain and him.
The sailed from coast of Brazil was nice.

-impression-

I have many unknown wards.
But I studies it, so I can read it easy.
I'm so sleepy because I stayed up allnight.
知らない単語はまだまだたくさんあります。
でも、その単語を勉強したら文章も読みやすくなります。
そして徹夜してすご~く眠たいです。


http://www.mainlesson.com/display.php?author=baldwin&book=crusoe&story=undertake&PHPSESSID=107717d9f8c11ac00b8daab3fd5a0139

1 件のコメント:

  1. Very good job! How long was the portion of the book that you read? Can you tell me approximately how many words you read?

    返信削除